Important Notes Regarding All Classes
The following points apply to all classes offered at the Gas City Dog Club.
- For the health and safety of all participants, Gas City Dog club will adhere to all provincial and/or municipal health regulations.
- All training is based on the humane treatment of the dog and positive reinforcement methods.
- Instructors do not train your dog for you, the owner/handler. Instead, they teach you how to work with your dog to get the results you want.
- Classes are conducted for approximately one hour per week, for either four or seven weeks. Most classes are offered three to four times per year depending on demand.
- To preserve the health and safety of all participants, your dog’s vaccinations must be up to date prior to starting any class.
- Pre-registration is required for all courses. On-line registration is strongly recommended, as class numbers are limited and we operate on a first-come, first-served basis. If unable to register on-line, please call 403-528-DOGS(3647)
- All registrants will be contacted by phone prior to the commencement of the class session to confirm registration and give information regarding the in-person registration event. This event allows us to finish administrative tasks, creating more time for your dog during the first session of the course. Dates and times for these registration events will be posted on the website.
- Registration fees of $140.00 for each 6-week session are utilized to support a range of club activities. Be sure to ask us about our reduced registration fees for:
- Dogs adopted from a rescue organization
- Special Breeder’s Discount
- Returning participants – second and subsequent classes
- GCDC Sponsored Programs – Pet Therapy, Service Dog Training
- Payment of registration fees is by cash or cheque only.
- Gifts available for the dog lover in your family:
- Gift Certificate for a 6-week set of classes
- Punch Card for a 12-session drop-in class admission
For more information, please call (403) 528-DOGS(3647). You can also call Sterling Hinch at (403) 526-6779. Please leave a message if not answered right away.